A fresh, simple and healthy sandwich alternative. Made with shredded chicken, edamame beans, creamy avocado and zesty lemon. A great way to use up leftovers!
Makes 2 slices.
- 30 grams Edamame beans
- 50 grams Very ripe avocado, skin and pit removed
- 70 grams Cooked chicken breast
- 70 grams Cucumber, diced
- ½ whole Lemon, juice only
- 2 slices White or brown bread
- Lemon wedges and fresh parsley, to garnish (optional)
Bring a pot of water to a boil and blanch the edamame beans for 3 minutes. Rinse with cold water and drain well.
In a bowl, mash the avocado with the back of a fork. Add the chicken, edamame, cucumber and lemon juice and mix.
Toast slices of bread then assemble the mixture on top. Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley (optional) and season with a little salt and a good amount of black pepper.