So crispy and crunchy you won’t believe it’s gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, sugar-free and healthy.
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- ¾ cups Apple juice
- 2-½ teaspoons Sesame oil
- ½ tablespoon White vinegar
- ½ tablespoon Aminos with coconut or soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon Fresh ginger, chopped
- ½ teaspoon Fresh garlic, minced
- ⅛ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Tapioca starch
- FOR THE SESAME CHICKEN:
- 3 tablespoons Tapioca starch
- Sea salt
- 8 ounces, weight Pasture-raised chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons Avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon Sesame seeds
- Hot cooked cauliflower rice, for serving
- Sliced green onion for garnish
Whisk all sauce ingredients (except tapioca starch) in a large skillet over medium/high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, whisk together the tapioca starch and 2 teaspoons of the sauce in a separate small bowl until smooth. Whisking constantly, pour into skillet until smooth. Boil, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens and is glossy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute. Transfer to a large bowl, season with a pinch of salt and cover to keep warm.
For the sesame chicken, put the tapioca starch and a pinch of salt in a large resealable bag. Add chicken and stir until coated.
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the chicken and cook until browned, about 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and repeat on the other side. Once cooked, transfer to a plate lined with paper towel and blot up any excess oil. Repeat with remaining oil and chicken.
Transfer the chicken to the bowl with the sauce, along with the sesame seeds. Stir until well coated.
Serve over cauliflower rice with green onions and devour!