Egg whites give this whiskey sour-inspired cocktail a creamy, velvety texture you’ll love! It’s 5 o’clock somewhere, isn’t it?
- 2 whole Basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon Fresh sliced serrano or fresno chiles
- 2 whole Raw, organic, free-range egg whites
- 4 ounces, liquid rye whiskey
- 2 ounces, liquid Fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce, liquid real maple syrup
- 4 drops Bitter
- Blood orange soda for garnish
Fill a shaker ⅓ full with ice. Add the basil, chiles, egg whites, whiskey, lemon juice, maple syrup and bitters to the shaker. Fill 12 ounce glasses with crushed ice.
Shake the shaker (with the lid on!) vigorously for 30 seconds to a minute. Pour into glasses, garnish with blood orange soda, garnish with orange zest, fresh basil leaves and slices of serrano or fresno peppers.
Note: Eating raw egg whites can be harmful to your health.