A fresh and crunchy udon noodle soup made with sweet teriyaki sauce. This refreshing soup will blow away the cobwebs and make you feel brand new!
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 4 cloves Finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp Fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 3 whole Green onions, white only, finely chopped
- ½ whole Green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 stem Finely chopped celery
- 1 head Broccoli, cut into small florets
- 5 ounces, weight Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 box (5 oz size) water chestnuts, thinly sliced
- 5 tablespoons Soya sauce
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 6 cups Vegetables soup
- 6 ounces, weight Udon noodles
- 2 tablespoons Fresh cilantro, finely chopped
Start by placing a large saucepan over medium heat and adding the sesame oil. When the weather is nice and warm, add the garlic, ginger, green onions, chilli, celery and broccoli and sauté for about 3 minutes, stirring regularly.
Add the mushrooms and water chestnuts and sauté another 2 minutes. This is so the mushrooms don’t get over-fried and lose their texture.
Add the soy sauce, teriyaki sauce and vegetable broth and bring the soup to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. (If you’re using dried noodles, you’ll want to cook them now according to package directions.)
Add noodles to your soup and serve with a handful of chopped cilantro in each bowl!