A light and healthy rice dish made with Mexican spices, fresh poblano peppers, tomatoes and corn. A super quick and easy meal that’s perfect for a side dish or main course.
- 2 teaspoons Olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ½ cups Onion, finely diced
- 3 whole Poblano peppers, seeded, finely diced
- 1-¾ cup Canned black beans, rinsed, drained
- ½ cups Corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon Cilantro, dried
- 1 teaspoon Oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Lime juice
- 2 cups Brown Rice, Cooked
- 1 cup Tomatoes, diced, seeded
- 2 dashes Hot sauce
In a skillet over medium-low heat, add the olive oil and garlic. Sauté for 30 seconds.
Add the onion and poblano peppers and cook for about 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in beans, corn, cilantro, oregano, ground black pepper, salt and lime juice. Mix until smooth; cook for about 3 minutes.
Stir in the rice. Stir in tomatoes and hot sauce and cook for about 4 minutes more.
Eat warm or cold.