This super easy vegan tikka masala only takes 30 minutes to make.
- 1 package (Size 16 oz) Extra firm tofu, drained and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil, divided
- 1 White onion, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 Medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 Red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- ½ cups Water
- 1 box (15 oz size) Tomato sauce
- 1 box (about 13 1/2 Oz. Size) Coconut Milk
- 2 cups Mushrooms of Paris
- 2 cups Cauliflower florets
- 1-½ cup Diced golden potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup Frozen peas
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- FOR THE TIKKA MASALA SEASONING:
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground turmeric
- ½ tablespoon Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Chili flakes, or to taste
Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients for the tikka masala seasoning well.
Cut the tofu into bite-sized cubes. Add half of the tikka masala seasoning mix and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil. Mix until evenly coated. (If time permits, refrigerate at least 1 hour).
Place the marinated tofu in a baking dish, making sure to leave enough space between the pieces. Bake for 15-20 minutes until slightly dark brown around the edges.
Heat the remaining oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Saute onions, garlic, carrots and peppers until tender, about 4-5 minutes.
Add the remaining spice blend and cook for 30 seconds, until they begin to release their flavors, stirring constantly. Stir in water, tomato sauce, coconut milk, mushrooms, cauliflower and potatoes.
Put the lid on and lower the heat. Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until vegetables are fork tender and all flavors are blended.
Stir in frozen peas, roasted tofu and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Simmer for another 3 to 4 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken.
Garnish with fresh cilantro and enjoy!