This red lentil curry is full of spices and rich Indian flavors and is completely vegan!
- 2 tablespoons Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 3 cloves Finely chopped garlic
- 5 rods Finely chopped shallots
- ½ whole Red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 rod Celery, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 whole Carrots, cut into thin disks
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 3 cups Vegetables soup
- ½ cups Spinach leaves
- ¼ whole Lime, juice only
- 1 pinch Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro, finely chopped
Start by placing a large saucepan over medium heat. Drizzle with sesame oil. Add ginger, garlic, green onions, chilli and celery. Let them fry for about 5 minutes, until they soften slightly.
Add curry powder, cumin, chili powder, carrots, lentils and tomato paste. Stir until the vegetables are coated in the spices. Pour in the vegetable broth, bring to a boil and lower the heat to simmer for 15 minutes.
Finally, stir in the spinach leaves, squeeze the lime juice and add seasoning to taste. Garnish with a little chopped coriander to decorate and voila!