These vegan chocolate truffles use a secret, heart-healthy ingredient to make them so creamy and only 60 calories! Add some champagne to make them perfect for New Years Eve!
- 1-⅓ cup Avocado, Puree (300g)
- ¾ cups Cocoa Powder, Plus Extra For Rolling
- ¾ cups Extra dry champagne (make sure it’s vegan!)
- 1 tbsp Agave (optional)
- Pinch Of Sea Salt
- 8 ounces, weight Dark chocolate (dairy-free for vegans)
Add the mashed avocado and cocoa powder to a large food processor and process until smooth and combined, stopping to scrape down the sides if necessary. Add the champagne, agave (if using) and a pinch of salt and mix until smooth and combined.
Place chocolate in a microwave-safe container and heat on medium power and in 30-second intervals, stirring between each interval, until smooth and melted.
Add melted chocolate to food processor and process until smooth and combined, scraping down sides if necessary. Pour the mixture into a medium bowl, spreading it evenly. Cover and refrigerate until set, about 2 hours or overnight.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and fill a shallow plate with sides with extra cocoa powder. Roll the truffles into lightly heaped balls about the size of a tablespoon (I used a cookie scoop and made them a bit smaller than the full cookie scoop). Roll in cocoa and place on prepared pan. Devour!
1. Do not roll them into nuggets as pictured, as the nuggets will melt.
2. The truffles will be a little soft so your hands will be a little messy. But it’s worth it!
3. Store the truffles in the refrigerator if you are not serving them right away.