You’ll never believe these quick and easy vegan Sloppy Joes use cauliflower instead of meat! This is a healthy, gluten-free dinner that everyone will love, ready in less than 30 minutes and with less than 300 calories!
- 2 teaspoons Olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ sheets Green pepper, diced
- ¼ Onion, diced
- 1 pound Cauliflower cut into small pieces (similar in texture to minced meat)
- ¾ cups Tomato sauce
- ½ cups Reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 1-½ tbsp Tomato Paste
- 5 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp Gluten-free Worcestershire sauce (vegan version such as Annie’s Homegrown vegan option)
- 1 teaspoon Red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder
- ¾ teaspoons Salt
- ½ teaspoon yellow mustard
- ¼ teaspoons Red pepper flakes (omit if you don’t like the spice)
- Generous pinch of pepper
- 4 gluten-free buns
- Parsley, to garnish (optional)
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add garlic, bell pepper and onion and cook until lightly browned, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add cauliflower and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes.
Add all the remaining ingredients, except the parsley and the rolls, and mix. Be sure to break the tomato paste well into the sauce.
Increase the heat to high and bring to a rapid boil. Then reduce the heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the liquid evaporates and the mixture thickens (but still moist and crispy!). It takes about 10 minutes.
Divide mixture between buns and garnish with parsley and onion (if desired). Devour.