Gluten and dairy free.
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Pepper, diced
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 500 grams Lean ground turkey
- 400 milliliters Canned chopped tomatoes
- 200 milliliters chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons Tomato puree
- Salt and pepper, for seasoning
- Gluten-free tortilla chips, for serving (about a handful per serving)
- 50 grams Dairy-free cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons crushed avocado
- 4 tablespoons Tomato sauce
Place the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, pepper, garlic, chili powder, paprika and cumin. Sauté for 5 minutes.
Add the turkey mince and sauté for 5 minutes. Pour in the crushed tomatoes, chicken broth and tomato purée. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Season as desired.
Divide the tortilla chips between your bowls. Pour over turkey chili and sprinkle with non-dairy cheese. Place under the broiler for a few minutes.
Garnish with mashed avocado and tomato salsa.