These family-friendly open sandwiches are a savory combination of tuna salad, tomato and cheddar cheese grilled to perfection.
- 2 cans Albacore Tuna Packed In Water, Drain
- ½ cups Mayonnaise
- ¼ cups Sour cream
- 1 stem Celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Finely chopped red onion
- ⅓ cups Sweet Pickle Relish
- 1-½ tbsp Chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon Dried dill
- ¼ teaspoons Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices Sourdough, white, rye or Pumperknickel
- 12 (Thin Slices) Tomato
- 1-¼ cup grated cheddar cheese
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Mix together tuna, mayonnaise, sour cream, celery, red onion, pickle relish, 1 tbsp parsley, dill and pepper.
Lightly toast the bread. Divide the tuna evenly among the toasts. Top each sandwich with 2 tomato slices. Top evenly with shredded cheddar.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and sandwich is warmed through. Serve quickly.