This tuna pasta salad ticks all the boxes. Made with green beans, potatoes and tomatoes, it’s nutritious, light yet hearty and full of flavor!
- 1 pound Green beans, trimmed, cut into chunks
- 2 Large potatoes, diced
- ½ pound Tricolor Pasta
- 2 cups Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- ½ cups Chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cups Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 9 ounces, weight Canned tuna, drained
- FOR SCREWING:
- ⅓ cups Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves Finely chopped garlic
- ⅓ cups Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoons Freshly ground black pepper
In a large pot of salted water, cook the green beans for 5 minutes. Drain and reserve.
Add the potatoes to the same pan and cook for about 10 minutes. They should be soft but hold their shape. Drain and reserve.
Cook pasta according to package directions in same pot. Drain and reserve.
To make the dressing, whisk lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
To assemble the salad, place the tomatoes, basil, parsley and tuna in a large serving bowl. Add green beans, potatoes and pasta. Pour it dressing over and mix.