Trail mix in the blender makes a superfood chocolate smoothie. Only 2 other ingredients in this frosty vegan treat!
- ¾ cups Unsweetened chocolate almond milk (like Almond Breeze)
- 1 whole Medium banana, cut into chunks and frozen
- ½ cups Homemade or store-bought trail mix (vegan as you like; see blog post for how to make your own)
- 1 pinch Sea salt (omit if trail mix nuts are salted)
- 1 tbsp Cocoa or cocoa powder (optional)
Add ingredients to blender in order listed and blend until smooth. If you’re using a Vitamix, the smoothie setting does a good job of slowly increasing the speed. Alternatively, if you have variable speeds on your blender, start slow and gradually increase.
Serve frozen for breakfast or a healthy snack. Top with more trail mix or cocoa powder for added enjoyment.