I fell in love with this tomato, watermelon and feta salad because it is the perfect combination of lightness and freshness, salty and sweet, tender and crunchy, herbal and fruity.
- FOR THE SALAD:
- ¾ cups Cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¾ cups Grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cups Heirloom tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups Seedless watermelon, ½ inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons Red onion, chopped
- ¾ cups Seeded cucumber, chopped
- ½ cups Red pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Fresh chives, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Feta cheese, small crumbs
- FOR SCREWING:
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil, to taste
- 3 tablespoons Lime juice, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
Combine all the salad ingredients, then slowly add the olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Mix well and taste for seasoning.
Continue adding the oil, lime juice, salt and pepper, stirring between each addition, until the mixture is seasoned.
1. To make ahead, combine all ingredients except watermelon, lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Can be prepared up to 4 hours in advance and refrigerated.
2. Even if serving right away, the combined ingredients except the watermelon, dressing/Seasonings and feta can be stored in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to improve the freshness factor. But this step is optional.