This cold tomato soup recipe is perfect if you love the flavor of a fresh tomato straight from your garden. This soup makes a healthy summer lunch and can be made ahead to save time on busy days.
- ½ tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 whole Medium yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 whole Medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- ½ whole Cucumber, coarsely chopped with the skin on
- ¼ cups Coconut milk
- 1-½ tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Chopped mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- ¼ teaspoons Maharajah-style curry
- ¼ teaspoons Salt
- ⅛ teaspoons Ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Lime zest
Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for another 2 minutes or until you start to see the tomatoes release their juices. Remove the pan from the heat and let cool slightly.
Puree the tomato mixture in a blender, pulsing several times. Add the cucumbers and pulse until they are cut into small pieces. Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse until well combined.
Refrigerate the soup for at least 1 hour. Serve in bowls garnished with mint leaves and a grind of black pepper.