A blend of herbs with lovely grape tomatoes, roasted in the oven until lovely softness, blended with extra virgin olive oil. The beans are first steamed and then sautéed in a pan, which gives this dish several levels of flavor.
- ½ cups Grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons Cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced, divided
- 300 grams Romano Beans
- 1 tbsp Chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp Chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp Chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon Coarse sea salt, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Fresh cracked black pepper
Wash beans and tomatoes. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Toss the grape tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper and half the garlic. Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cook for about 10 minutes, remove and set aside.
While the tomatoes cook, bring a large pot of water to a boil and stir in the green beans. Cook for about 2-4 minutes, then remove the beans and plunge them into an ice bath to stop the cooking.
In a large skillet, add 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil and the remaining garlic. Cook until slightly toasted. Stir in green beans and tomatoes, rosemary, parsley and oregano. Toss lightly, evenly coating all vegetables, about 2 minutes.
Finish with a pinch of coarse cracked sea salt, black pepper and drizzle with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Serve immediately.