This Thai Green Papaya Salad, also known as Som Tum or Som Tam, combines a wide range of unique flavors, making it unique and wildly delicious!
- FOR SCREWING:
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons Lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Finely chopped palm sugar
- 2 cloves Garlic, grated with a zester
- ¼ cups Roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 Thai chili peppers, chopped (optional)
- FOR THE SALAD:
- 6 Green beans
- ¾ cups Cherry tomatoes
- 1-½ tbsp Small dried prawns
- 2 cups Peeled and grated green papaya
In a large bowl, mix the fish sauce, lime juice and palm sugar until the sugar dissolves. Add garlic, roasted peanuts and peppers.
Pound the green beans with a rolling pin to soften them. Add them to the bowl with the dressing, with the tomatoes. Add the dried shrimp and grated green papaya and mix well.