These gluten-free strawberry crumble bars are mega delicious and easy to make. A healthy and tasty snack for back-to-school lunches or an afternoon treat for the whole family!
- 2 cups Gluten Free Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- ¾ Packaged brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 stick Butter without salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Sliced fresh strawberries, as needed for top layer
- 1 tbsp Natural sugar or sweetener, to sprinkle on the strawberries
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Place a sheet of parchment paper on a 9×9 baking sheet, leaving extra parchment paper around the sides to make it easier to remove the bars from the pan.
In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients to combine, adding 3/4 cup sugar.
Melt the butter and add the vanilla extract. Whisk to combine. Add to the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until combined. The mixture will still be crumbly. Reserve ½ cup for later.
Pour crumbly mixture into prepared pan and press down and up sides. Arrange the strawberry slices side by side over the crispy oat mixture. Sprinkle natural sugar or sweetener over the strawberries. Top with remaining oat crumbs and bake for 35-40 minutes.
If desired, drizzle strawberry crumble bars with vanilla frosting.