Cinnamon sugar tortilla chips served with a delicious strawberry balsamic “salsa”.
- FOR THE STRAWBERRY SALSA:
- 2-½ cups Finely diced strawberries (about 1 pint strawberries)
- 3 tablespoons White sugar
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Chopped fresh mint, optional
- ¼ teaspoons Lemon zest
- Chocolate sauce (optional)
- FOR THE TORTILLA CHIPS:
- 10 whole 8 inch tortillas
- ½ cups White sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cinnamon
Combine strawberry salsa ingredients. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
Spray tortillas with cooking spray. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and spread evenly over tortillas. Use a pizza cutter to cut each tortilla into 8 wedges.
Bake on ungreased baking sheets (in a single layer) for 8-10 minutes, until beginning to crisp. Let cool on cooling racks.
Serve chips with strawberry salsa and chocolate sauce (optional).
Note: I used olive oil cooking spray, but you can use any type you have. You can also melt a few tablespoons of butter and brush it over before dusting with the cinnamon sugar mixture.