It’s evening and the children are sleeping (finally). Now it’s mommy time. I relax with a cozy blanket and a hot cup of this spicy chai on the stove. You may not have all the spices on hand, but believe me, you’ll be storing them all winter for this.
- 8 ounces, liquid Water
- 1 bag (Single serving size) Black tea
- 1 stick (3 inch size) Cinnamon stick
- 1 whole Star anise
- 1 teaspoon Cloves
- ¼ teaspoons Whole Black Pepper
- ¼ teaspoons Grounded ginger
- ¼ teaspoons Whole cardamom
- Honey, to taste
- 4 ounces, liquid Milk
- Whipped cream, for garnish (optional)
- 1 pinch Chinese 5-spice powder, to garnish (optional)
Put the water, black tea, cinnamon, star anise, cloves, peppercorns, ginger and cardamom in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes uncovered.
Add honey and milk. Stir to warm. Remove from heat, strain and serve! If desired, garnish with whipped cream and a pinch of Chinese 5-spice powder.