Delicious, kid-friendly vegan plant-based spicy ramen noodles with mushrooms, bokchoy, bell pepper and more! High in fibre, gluten-free, healthy and delicious!
- 1 block (About 11-14 Oz. Size) Tofu (cubed) or 1 pound chicken or beef stir-fry
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha and more to garnish if you like spicier ramen
- 4 tablespoons Soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons Sesame oil (or a little vegetable broth if you avoid oil)
- 1 ounce, weight Shitake Mushrooms Or Your Choice
- ¼ cups Chopped red pepper
- ½ stalks bok choy
- 4 Green onions, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Chopped fresh ginger
- 32 ounces, liquid Vegetables soup
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tbsp White Or Red Miso Paste
- 1 teaspoon Maple syrup or honey or agave
- 2 boxes Ramen Noodles With Brown Rice And Millet
Marinate the tofu cubes in the sriracha sauce and 2 tbsp soy sauce (skip this step if you’re watching your sodium intake or don’t want any spicy ingredients). Put aside.
Heat the sesame oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, bell pepper and bok choy to the pan and sauté until the vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
Add the green onions, garlic and ginger to the pan and sauté for 2 minutes.
Add the vegetable broth, water, remaining soy sauce, miso paste and maple syrup and bring to a boil, stirring well until combined. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Increase the heat to medium, then add the tofu and ramen noodles. Cook 2 to 3 minutes until the noodles are tender.
Serve with diced green onions and Sriracha (if you want to make it spicier).