Creamy Peanut Sauce pairs with literally all the crunchy veggies you love and lo mein noodles because we deserve them. It’s the perfect meal prep salad!
- FOR THE SALAD:
- 3 cups Shredded cabbage (about 1/4 headed cabbage)
- ½ whole Pepper, chopped
- ¼ cups Green onions, sliced
- 1 cup Chopped cucumber
- ⅓ cups Torn coriander leaves
- ½ cups chopped cashews
- 1-½ cup Chow Mein Noodles
- FOR SCREWING:
- ½ cups Peanut Butter
- ⅓ cups Sesame oil
- ¼ cups Soya sauce
- ¼ cups rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Chili paste (I use Rooster brand chili garlic sauce)
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 clove Garlic, peeled
- 1 piece (about 1/4 inch long) Fresh ginger
For the dressing, add all the ingredients in a blender. Blend on high speed to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings to your preference.
Once the vegetables are ready, add a bit of whatever you like to a bowl with a spoonful or two of the dressing. Mix to combine and add more dressing if you want. Probably seconds.
For meal prep, I keep vegetables and noodles/nuts in separate containers, then combine them just before eating. For lunch at the office I add all the veggies I like in a container, then in the morning I add some crunchy stuff and a scoop of dressing in the container, then stir just before eating.
• There are measurements here for vegetables, but honestly, use as much of everything as you want!
• Other vegetables that I like with it dressing include halved cherry tomatoes, torn kale, shredded carrots and diced avocado.
• This dressing recipe will give extra. You could chop about three times the amount of vegetables and have plenty of dressing, or check out my blog post for more ideas on how to use peanut sauce.
• If you don’t smell the chow mein noodles, replace them with other cooked noodles or zoodles.
peanut recipe dressing is adapted from Pinch of Yum.