This Tuscan Chicken Soup is full of vegetables and Italian flavors. It’s super easy to put together after a busy day.
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 Small onion, diced
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- ½ cans (6 oz size) green olives, quartered
- 2 cans (size 15 1/2 oz) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 tbsp Marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 cups Green cabbage or kale, chopped
- 2 rods Celery, diced
- 2 Carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons Dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Mushroom Powder
- ½ teaspoon Ground sage
- 1 pinch Chili flakes
- 12 cups chicken stock
- FOR THE TOPPINGS:
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ bunches Italian parsley (chopped)
Prepare a slow cooker and turn it on high.
Place a large nonstick skillet on a medium-high burner. Once hot, add half the olive oil and half the chicken. Brown on all sides, then pour into slow cooker and repeat with remaining oil and chicken.
Now dump everything else into the slow cooker (except the toppings). Put the lid on and cook over high heat for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until hot and bubbly. Serve with Parmesan and Italian parsley.
Note: You can skip the step of sautéing the chicken, but it won’t have the same depth of flavor. Just make sure the chicken is fully cooked (internal temperature 165°F) before serving. Alternatively, you can cook the whole chicken breasts in it for 3 hours, then shred them before serving.