This St. Patrick’s Day, serve up this easy slow cooker corned beef and cabbage dinner! In this recipe, corned beef brisket and vegetables cook gently and slowly in beer with onions and garlic for a simple and easy St. Patrick’s Day meal.
- 1 pound Carrots
- 1-½ pound Small whole red potatoes
- 1 Medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, crushed and peeled
- £4 Corned beef brisket, plus seasoning packet
- 1 tbsp Additional pickling spices, optional
- 12 ounces, liquid Light beer
- 1 head (small) green cabbage, quartered
- TO SERVE:
- Mustard (yellow, dijon, brown or ground)
- Softened butter
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Rolls or slices of bread
In a 6-quart or larger slow cooker, add carrots, baby potatoes, onion and garlic. Place brisket on top, add seasoning packet and additional pickling spices (if using) and pour in beer. Cover and cook over low heat for 8 hours.
Once cooked, use tongs to remove the brisket onto a small rimmed metal baking sheet. Cover tightly with foil and keep warm on lowest setting.
Immerse the cabbage in the cooking liquids (if necessary, remove some of the carrots and potatoes – keep warm in a dish covered tightly with aluminum foil) and cook for 1 hour or until the cabbage is be tender with a fork. (The smaller the cabbage, the faster it will cook.)
Slice the corned beef and serve with mustard (if desired), carrots, potatoes and cabbage. Top the vegetables with butter, salt and pepper and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Serve with soft rolls or sliced bread.