This fudgy and rich vegan peppermint brownie is baked in a skillet and topped with a healthy chocolate truffle glaze! It’s an easy, gluten-free and allergy-free holiday dessert!
- FOR THE BROWNIE:
- 1 box (14 1/2 oz. size) Enjoy Life Brownie Mix
- 2 tablespoons Oil, as directed on the box (I used avocado oil)
- ¾ cups Water, as indicated on the box
- FOR THE GLAZE:
- 6 tablespoons Avocado, Puree (86g)
- 4 tablespoons Cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon Pure peppermint extract
- ¼ teaspoons Vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cups Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
- Crushed candy canes, for garnish (optional, but recommended)
Preheat oven to 350ºF and brush the bottom of an 8-inch cast iron skillet with oil.
Prepare Enjoy Life Brownie Mix according to package directions, using oil and water. Once mixed, pour the brownie into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted 2 inches from the side of the pan comes out clean, about 30 to 33 minutes.
While the brownie is baking, prepare the frosting. Place the mashed avocado, cocoa powder, peppermint and vanilla extracts, and a pinch of salt in a small food processor (mine is 3 cup) and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides if necessary.
Place chocolate chips in a small microwave safe container/bowl and microwave on half power, using 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until smooth and melted. Add the melted chocolate chips to the food processor and process until smooth and combined.
Once the brownie is baked, spread the truffle glaze and sprinkle with crushed candy canes. To devour immediately!