A secret ingredient will take your pot of chili to the next level: enchilada sauce! This classic beef chili is simmered with spices and tomatoes and served with all the trimmings.
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound 85% lean ground beef
- 1 Yellow onion, chopped
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 box (28 oz size) diced tomatoes
- 1 box (10 oz size) Enchilada Sauce
- 1 box (Size 8 Oz) Tomato Sauce
- 1 box (15 oz size) Black or pinto beans, rinsed and drained (optional)
- Sour cream, diced avocado and sliced peppers, for serving
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ground beef, onion, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a pinch of pepper. Cook, breaking up the meat with the back of a spoon, until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes.
Add chili powder, cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes, enchilada sauce and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, until slightly thickened, 25 to 30 minutes. Stir in beans, if using, and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
Serve chili with sour cream, avocado and chilies.