This cold strawberry soup is a great summer appetizer. Blend of strawberries and cream with mascarpone, basil, shallots and black pepper.
- 2 pounds Fresh strawberries, stems removed and halved
- ¼ cups Heavy cream
- ¼ cups Whole Milk Ricotta
- 2 ounces, weight mascarpone
- 2 teaspoons Chopped shallot
- 1 drop Basil Essential Oil
- 1 drop Black Pepper Essential Oil
- ½ teaspoon White balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch Salt to taste
- Fresh chives, to garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper, for garnish
Blend the strawberries in an electric mixer. Add remaining ingredients to blender and pulse to blend. Once well mixed, taste and adjust the salt if necessary. It should be a savory soup, but too much salt will overpower the delicate flavors of the fruit. Start with a small pinch, then slowly add more, if desired.
Serve chilled in small bowls with a swirl of heavy cream. Garnish with fresh chives and a grind of black pepper.