Cabbage roasted to perfection and drizzled with a lightly sweetened apple and walnuts dressing.
- 1 head Green or Savoy Cabbage
- 2 tablespoons Coconut oil, melted
- 2 whole Sweet red apples (Gala, Fuji or Pink Lady), coarsely chopped, divided
- 1 cup Walnuts, coarsely chopped, plus more for garnish if desired
- ½ cups Olive oil
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove Garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon Grated fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon Maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- ¼ teaspoons Ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400ºF.
Place the cabbage with the root on the cutting board and cut it into 5 “steaks” about ¾ inch thick. Place the steaks on a baking sheet, drizzle with a few tablespoons of melted coconut oil (I melt mine in a small ovenproof container while the oven preheats) and sprinkle with a pinch or two salt. Roast for 17 minutes, flip and roast for another 17 minutes.
While the cabbage is roasting, prepare the sauce. Reserve half the apples for garnish, then place all remaining ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
When the cabbage is cooked, arrange, sprinkle generously with dressing and garnish with reserved apples and diced walnuts, if desired.