Roasted acorn squash glazed with honey-chili sauce and garnished with fresh thyme.
- 1 whole Acorn squash, halved lengthwise, seeded, cut into 3/4 inch slices
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Honey maple syrup or agave work well too
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground ancho chili or commercial chili powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoons Ground black pepper, or to taste
- 4 strands Fresh thyme
Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
Arrange acorn squash slices on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil and honey over the acorn squash slices. Sprinkle with brown sugar, chili powder, salt and pepper.
Roast in preheated oven until golden brown and tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Garnish with fresh thyme.