Calling all Ruben lovers. Think of Reuben Casserole as making a whole bunch of Reuben sandwiches in a few quick and easy steps.
Rye bread, thinly sliced corned beef, homemade thousand islands, sauerkraut and Swiss cheese are combined to create a mouth-watering taste experience. I love serving it for a quick weeknight dinner or weekend lunch.
- FOR SCREWING:
- ½ cups Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Ketchup
- 1 tbsp grated onion
- 1 tbsp Sweet pickle relish
- ⅛ teaspoons smoked paprika
- FOR THE CASSEROLE:
- 6 slices Rye or pumpernickel bread, cubed
- 1 pound Thin slices of corned beef cut into bite-size pieces
- 16 ounces, weight Well drained sauerkraut
- 2 cups Grated Swiss cheese
In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, ketchup, grated onion, pickle relish and paprika.
Spray a 9×13-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. Layer the casserole dish with the rye bread cubes. Then a layer of corned beef, a thousand islands dressing, sauerkraut and grated Swiss cheese.
Bake uncovered for about 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes covered before cutting.