These Pumpkin French Toast Cups with Cinnamon Streusel are bursting with pleasant fall flavors and make the perfect weekend breakfast!
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into cubes (about 3/4 inch wide)
- 2 cups Milk (any type)
- 6 Eggs
- ¾ cups pure pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 3 envelopes SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener (about 2 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- FOR THE STREUSEL:
- ¼ cups light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener (about 2 packets)
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons All purpose flour
Lightly grease a 12 muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Add bread cubes to each muffin pan, filling to top (bread will shrink once moist ingredients are added). Put aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, pumpkin, vanilla extract, sweetener and brown sugar. Pour the egg mixture over each muffin pan. Press lightly with a spoon to make sure each piece of bread is saturated, if necessary. Put aside.
To make the streusel, in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, sweetener, cinnamon, melted butter and flour. Sprinkle evenly over top of each muffin cup. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
When you’re ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375ºF. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the middle is tender (but not gooey). Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack.
Serve with maple syrup, if desired. Enjoy!