This plant-based vegan protein cream cheese frosting is a deliciously healthy alternative to traditional frosting!
- 1-½ cup Raw cashews soaked in hot water for an hour
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- ½ cups coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon White vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Unflavored Or Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1-½ cup Sugar Confectioners
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract Skip this if using vanilla flavored protein
- ½ cups Soy milk contains more if the frosting is too thick
Add the soaked (drained) cashews to the blender bowl along with the lemon juice, coconut cream, white vinegar and salt and blend. If necessary, stop and regularly scrape the walls. Process until very smooth.
Add the remaining ingredients: protein powder, icing sugar, vanilla extract and soy milk. Process until smooth. Add more soy milk if the frosting is too thick or you want a thinner consistency.
Nutrition: Calories: 132 kcal, Carbohydrates: 15 g, Protein: 4 g, Lipids: 6 g, Saturated fat: 2 g, Polyunsaturated fat: 1 g, Monounsaturated fat: 3 g, Sodium: 152 mg, Potassium: 10 mg, Sugar: 12g