This traditional southern pineapple casserole recipe brings together canned pineapple, flour, cheddar cheese, butter, and crushed crackers into a mouth-watering dish that can serve as a side dish or dessert.
- ⅓ cups Plain flour
- ½ cups Sugar
- 1 box Pineapple bites, drained
- 1 box Pineapple crushed, drained
- 1 cup Grated sharp cheddar
- 1 cup Grated white cheddar
- ¼ cups Melted butter
- 40 Crushed Ritz crackers (or other buttery crackers)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch square or 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
Whisk flour and sugar together. Stir in pineapple and cheddar cheese. Pour contents into prepared casserole dish.
Combine melted butter and crushed crackers. Sprinkle over the top of the dish. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until cracker crumbs are golden brown and pan is hot. Serve quickly.