It’s the most fun family food! These pizza/quesadilla hybrids are perfect for a game day, sleepover, or birthday party.
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 whole Large flour tortillas (size 8-10 inches)
- 1-½ cup Shredded mozzarella, divided
- ⅓ cups Tomato sauce
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 10 slices Pepperoni
- Parmesan cheese, for garnish
Preheat a large skillet over medium heat and preheat the grill to high heat. Add the butter to the skillet and stir to melt.
Place a tortilla in the pan and top with 1 cup mozzarella. Top the cheese with the other tortilla.
Cook the quesadilla for about 3 minutes on each side until golden brown, then turn off the heat. Build your pizza now! Spread the sauce on the tortilla and sprinkle with minced garlic. Add pepperoni slices and top with remaining mozzarella.
Grill the pizzadilla for 3-5 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and the edges are golden brown. Slide onto a cutting board and let rest for 2 minutes.
Sprinkle the pizzadilla with parmesan, cut into wedges and serve!
• Here, quantities work well, but add more or less sauce, cheese and pepperoni according to your preferences!
• Use it as a method rather than a recipe. Add vegetables, change the meat and cheese, etc.
• Do not skip the garlic clove! It’s so, really worth it.
• I made this in a 12 inch stainless steel skillet. Any large ovenproof skillet works great!