Peanut Butter Stew with Sweet Potatoes, Carrots and Green Beans
- 1-½ cup Brown rice
- 3 cups Water
- 1 teaspoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 whole Large onion, chopped
- 2 whole Large carrots, chopped
- 1 whole Large red bell pepper, diced
- 10 ounces, weight Sweet potato, diced
- 1 clove Ginger, grated
- 5 ounces, weight Green beans, chopped
- 2 cups carrot juice
- 1 dash chili powder
- ¼ cups Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1 whole Lime, Juice
- 1 teaspoon Paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- 2 whole Medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
In a large saucepan, boil rice in water until tender for about 30-40 minutes.
Preheat the coconut oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion for about 5 minutes. Add carrots, bell pepper, sweet potato, ginger and green beans. Fry another 5 minutes.
Add the rest of the ingredients (except the rice) to the saucepan and simmer over medium heat for about 30 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve with brown rice.