Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies are filled with gooey marshmallow and gooey chocolate, making them the perfect peanut butter and s’mores treat!
- FOR THE COOKIES:
- ¾ cups Unsalted butter, softened
- 1-½ cup Granulated sugar, divided
- ½ cups brown sugar
- 1-½ cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 2 Eggs
- 2-½ cups All purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoons Baking soda
- ¼ teaspoons Salt
- FOR FILLING:
- 1 bar (4.4 oz. size) Milk chocolate (I used Hershey’s), broken into 16 squares
- 8 Large marshmallows, halved
- FOR THE CHOCOLATE NIGHT:
- ½ cups Semi-sweet chocolate chips
In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, 1 cup granulated sugar, and brown sugar until well blended. Add peanut butter and vanilla and mix until combined. Scramble the eggs.
Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until just combined. Chill the dough in the freezer for 10 minutes. Remove from the freezer and assemble the cookies.
To assemble, place the remaining ½ cup sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
Take about 1 heaping tablespoon of batter (almost 2 tablespoons) and flatten slightly with the palm of your hand. Place 1 chocolate square and 1 marshmallow half on top of the flattened dough, then take another heaping tablespoon of dough, flatten slightly and place on top.
Press edges together to seal, forming a ball as you go, and place on a plate. Repeat until you have made 16 cookies. Place the plates with the cookies in the freezer and refrigerate for 25-30 minutes. (See note below!)
Preheat oven to 375°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Remove the cookies from the freezer and roll each cookie in the sugar before placing them on a prepared baking sheet, placing each cookie about 2 inches apart.
Bake for 15-16 minutes, until the cookies are firm and the tops are just beginning to crack (do not overbake!). Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
Place semi-sweet chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High for 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until chocolate is melted and smooth. Place the melted chocolate in a small resealable bag and cut a tiny piece off the corner. Pour the chocolate over the cookies.
1. If you are not in a hurry, you can chill the prepared cookies in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours before baking.
2. If you don’t want to bake the whole batch at once, you can store the unbaked cookies in the fridge for up to 1 day.