Red cabbage salad with pomegranate seeds, raisins and walnuts. With a base of apple cider and orange juice dressing.
- ½ heads (large) red cabbage, shredded (about 8 cups)
- 1 whole Pomegranate, seeds removed
- 1-½ cup Coarsely chopped nuts
- 1 cup Raisins
- ¼ cups Orange juice
- ½ cups apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cups Dear
- 1 tbsp Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Salt
Combine red cabbage, pomegranate seeds, walnuts and raisins in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, apple cider vinegar, honey, mustard and salt. Pour over coleslaw mixture and toss until combined.
1. This recipe will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days.
2. To remove the seeds from the pomegranate, I cut the pomegranate in half and placed it in a bowl of water. The white pulp should float when you separate the halves with your hands and the seeds will sink. Skim the pulp and drain the water to collect the seeds.