The tastiest and easiest one pot turkey and sweet potato chili. Perfect for a quick weeknight meal!
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon Salt-Free All-Purpose Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Red onion, diced
- 1 Large red bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 Medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 box (15 oz size) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup Chicken Or Turkey Broth
- 1 box (15 oz size) Beans, drained and rinsed (I used a mix of kidney, pinto and black beans)
- Chopped cilantro, chopped chives, strong cheddar cheese, Greek yogurt or sour cream, for garnish
In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the turkey, breaking it up with a spoon. Brown 2 to 3 minutes. Add all purpose seasoning, oregano, cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
Add onion and red pepper. Cook until beginning to soften, about 4-5 minutes. Stir in minced garlic. Add the sweet potato, the diced tomatoes with their juice and the broth. Gently stir in the beans.
Cover the pan and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are cooked. Once the sweet potatoes are tender, remove the lid from the pan and cook for another 5 minutes so some of the liquid can evaporate.
To serve the chili, garnish with a sprinkle of cilantro, chives, cheese and a dollop of yogurt or sour cream.