Do you celebrate National Rum Day? If so, this Mixed Berry Coconut Rum and Coke is a perfect way to commemorate the occasion!
- FOR THE SIMPLE MIXED BERRY SYRUP:
- ¾ cups Fresh or frozen mixed berries
- ½ cups Water
- ½ cups Sugar
- FOR THE COCKTAIL:
- 2 tablespoons Simple Mixed Berry Syrup
- 2 ounces, liquid Blue Chair Bay Coconut Rum
- 6 ounces, liquid Cola
- ¼ cups Chopped mixed berries
For the simple syrup:
Combine berries, water and sugar over medium-low heat and bring to a boil. Cook for about 5 minutes until the sugar dissolves. Add the simple syrup to the jar of a blender and purée over high heat. Strain into a bowl to remove the seeds and let cool.
For the cocktail:
Fill a glass with crushed ice. Add mixed berry syrup and rum, then top with cola and additional berries. Repeat with the remaining cocktails. Serve immediately.