This mint and lime fizz is refreshing, lemony, fizzy and definitely the drink of the summer!
- FOR THE SIMPLE AND RICH SYRUP:
- 1 cup Sugar
- ½ cups Water
- FOR THE LIMEADE FIZZ MINT:
- ½ cups Rich simple syrup, or as little as half the amount if you like very tart lemonade
- 1 cup Freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 cups sparkling water
- 1 whole Lime, cut into very thin wedges
- 1 tbsp Thinly sliced mint leaves (about 20 large leaves)
- Crushed ice, to serve (optional)
- FOR THE CONTOUR OF THE GLASSES:
- 1 whole Lime, zested
- ¼ cups Sugar
To make the rich simple syrup for the sparkling mint lemonade, stir and dissolve the sugar into the water in a small saucepan set over the stove. Once boiling, remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool.
To make lemonade fizzy, add desired amount of rich simple syrup to a pitcher. Stir in lime juice. Stir in carbonated water.
To make the sugar and zest mixture to line the rim of each glass, combine the lime zest with a cup of sugar on a plate. Rub 1 lime wedge around the rim of each glass to slightly moisten the rim. Dip rim of each glass in zest and sugar mixture to evenly coat.
Add a few thin lime wedges and a pinch of sliced mint leaves to each glass. Crush them with the back of a wooden spatula to release the flavors in each glass. Add crushed ice on top of each glass. Add the lemonade fizz and enjoy!