Well, entertainment season is almost here. There are football games, shindigs, soirees, holiday parties and don’t forget all those bridal and baby showers. These delicious mini quiches are made super easy by picking up pre-cooked filo shells found in the freezer section of your local grocery store. Most of the ingredients I use come straight from my fridge because the quantities are incredibly small.
- 30 pieces Mini Fillo shells
- 1 Small broccoli floret, finely chopped
- 6 Spinach leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Finely grated cheddar
- 1-½ tbsp chopped ham
- 1 Mushroom, finely chopped
- 1-½ tbsp Finely grated Swiss cheese
- 1 slice Crispy cooked bacon, finely chopped
- 1 Green onion, finely chopped
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoons Salt
- ⅛ teaspoons Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Spray mini muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
To 1/3 of the fillo shells, add a pinch of broccoli, spinach and cheddar to 10 fillo shells. Add a sprinkle of ham, mushrooms and Swiss cheese to another 1/3 of the fillo shells. Add a sprinkle of bacon, green onion and cheddar cheese to the remaining fillo shells.
In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Using a teaspoon, pour the egg mixture over the ingredients in the shells. Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until set and lightly browned.