Pulled turkey cooked with crunchy peppers and onions and a little spice, wrapped in melted, gooey stringy cheese
- 50 grams Onion, finely diced
- 100 grams Red bell pepper, diced
- 50 grams Pulled Turkey Breast
- 10 grams Slices of jalapeno peppers (which you can use from a jar)
- 75 grams Mild cheddar cheese, grated
Preheat the oven to 180°C (355°F). Heat a drizzle of olive oil or low-fat cooking spray in a pan on medium-high. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes.
Add the red pepper and cook for about 5 minutes, until softened. Add turkey and jalapenos and mix well. Cook for a few minutes to reheat.
In an ovenproof bowl, add a layer of the turkey mixture then about 1/3 of the cheese. Then add the rest of the turkey mixture and the rest of the cheese. Place in the oven for about 10 minutes until the cheese is melted. Don’t overdo it or the cheese will start to harden.
Serve with a sprinkle of paprika sprinkled on top with nachos or raw vegetables.