Keto Buttercream Frosting is the classic flavor we love, without all the carbs! This creamy, keto-friendly frosting recipe is buttery with a hint of vanilla or chocolate perfection. So easy, too!
- 1 cup Unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup Lakanto Sweetener Powder
- ½ cups Cocoa powder, for the chocolate icing (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Heavy whipped cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 pinch Salt
Add the butter to a large bowl and mix with an electric mixer. Beat butter on medium speed for 3 minutes until butter is lighter in color. Alternatively, you can use a stand mixer with the paddle attachment.
Add the powdered sweetener and mix on low speed for 1 minute. Then increase the speed to medium and continue blending for another minute or two.
Add heavy cream, vanilla extract and salt. Continue mixing on medium speed until frosting is well blended.
One batch will freeze about a dozen cupcakes.
• Want chocolate buttercream frosting? Simply add 1/2 cup of sifted cocoa powder when adding the powdered sweetener. If your frosting is getting too thick, add a bit more heavy cream until it becomes the consistency you like.
• Lakanto Powdered Sweetener is my favorite brand of low carb sweetener. If you want to use Swerve Powdered Sweetener, you will need to use a little less. Start with half the amount and add more if you think it needs to be sweeter.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 145kcal, Carbohydrates: 0g, Protein: 0g, Fat: 16g, Saturated fat: 10g, Fibre: 0g, Sugars: 0g