This low carb, keto shrimp recipe uses a flavorful breading of almond flour and Parmesan cheese. The sauce is so delicious, I’m obsessed!
- 1 cup Almond powder
- ¼ cups Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoons Pepper
- 1 pound Jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 beaten egg
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- ½ cups Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 Lime, Juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons Swerve sweetener
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
Add the almond flour, parmesan, salt and pepper to a food processor and beat until it resembles coarse crumbs. Pour into a shallow bowl.
Dip each shrimp in beaten egg then coat with breadcrumbs, Place in a single layer in the air fryer. You may need to cook in 2 batches.
Cook in the deep fryer at 360°F for 4 minutes, then increase the temperature to 400°F and cook for another 4 minutes. If the prawns are small, you will need to reduce the cooking time.
To make the sauce, place all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Drizzle each shrimp with sauce and serve.
Nutrition per serving coated in almond flour and cooked in the air fryer: 474 calories, 36g fat, 5g saturated fat, 5g carbs, 1g fiber, 38g protein
• To pan fry, add 1/2 cup oil to a nonstick skillet over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add the breaded shrimp and fry until golden brown on each side.
• You can use chopped pork rinds instead of almond flour and Parmesan breadcrumbs.