The perfect pie for a summer evening. It’s light, refreshing and a real delight.
- 3 ounces, weight Black Cherry Gelatin (use your favorite)
- ½ cups Boiling water
- 1 cup Fresh raspberries, washed and drained
- 1 cup Fresh strawberries, cut into small pieces
- 12 ounces, weight Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 whole Pre-made graham cracker crust (or make your own)
Add gelatin to a large mixing bowl. Add boiling water and stir to dissolve.
Let the mixture cool on the counter. Stir to mix the gelatin. It will form but not like your typical amount of jello.
Combine fruit and Cool Whip, and stir well. Make sure the gelatin breaks up into the mixture.
Scrape mixture into graham cracker crust and shape accordingly. Cover loosely and place in the fridge (or freezer) to set. I left mine in the freezer for a few hours, then took it out about 45 minutes before serving. Your call. Whichever route you take it will be delicious, just make sure it’s sunny and cold!
Slice and dig. Each bite offers delicious surprises of fresh fruit, as well as various pieces of jelly.