Irresistible Pea and Mint Soup, the classic British dish fresh, light and with the promise of a summer yet to come!
- 2 teaspoons Olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 1 tbsp Fresh mint, chopped
- 2 Shallots, chopped (or white, red or spring onions)
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced (optional)
- 1 cup Fresh or frozen peas
- 1 cup Vegetables soup
- Salt and pepper
Heat the olive oil over low heat in a small saucepan and add the mint, shallot and garlic. To mix together. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, until the shallots become translucent.
Add peas and broth. Stir and simmer for about 15 minutes.
Blend until creamy, ideally with an immersion blender. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil.
Note: You can also run the shallots, garlic and mint through a food processor to finely chop.