Indian-style yellow split peas with spinach and cherry tomatoes.
- 2 teaspoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 whole Medium onion (finely chopped)
- 2 ounces, weight Fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup Yellow split peas, rinsed
- 1 tbsp Curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 3 cups The water
- ½ cups Coconut milk
- 2 cups Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 ounces, weight Spinach, Washed And Chopped
- 1 cup Fresh coriander (thinly sliced)
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
Preheat the olive oil in a pan and sauté the onion until tender and golden, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add ginger and garlic and sauté another 30 seconds.
Add the yellow split peas, curry powder, turmeric and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring continuously. Pour the water and coconut milk and simmer over low heat for about 20 to 25 minutes.
Add the vegetables and stir occasionally. Cook for another 5 to 10 minutes until the split peas are tender.
Before serving, add cilantro and sea salt and adjust to taste.