These chewy and sweet cookies are a light and refreshing change of pace in the world of holiday treats! Only a few ingredients are needed and you have refined sugar free and paleo treats for everyone.
- 6 tablespoons Coconut Flour
- ⅓ cups chopped pecans
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda
- ½ teaspoon Ginger
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ cups Natural sunflower seed butter (see note)
- ¼ cups Coconut oil, melted and cooled
- ¼ cups coconut sugar
- 1 whole Egg
- 1 pinch Sea salt for sprinkling
Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl: flour, pecans, baking soda and spices. Put aside.
Whisk together the wet ingredients: sunflower seed butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar and egg. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop spoonfuls of batter onto the sheet, keeping about 2 inches between servings. Sprinkle with sea salt.
Bake for 12 to 13 minutes or until golden on top. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
Serve immediately and store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Enjoy!
1. Any other type or nut/seed butter will work. The one I used came with a small amount of added sugar, so I recommend keeping that in mind when buying one with or without added sugar.
2. The chlorophyll inside sunflower seed butter reacts with heat and baking soda/powder and produces a green color (which I discovered after posting this recipe). It’s not a harmful reaction, but it’s ugly. I would recommend using another nut butter if that scares you.