A simple, healthy and delicious dish and a great recipe idea for Sunday dinner or a hassle-free weeknight meal!
- 1 whole (About 5 to 6 lb. Size) Roast Chicken
- 2 teaspoons Sea salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons Black pepper, divided
- ⅓ cups Olive oil, plus 2 tbsp, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dried oregano, divided
- 2 teaspoons Lemon pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dried rosemary, divided
- 1 head Garlic, cloves peeled and separated, large cloves halved lengthwise
- 1 whole Sweet onion, peeled, cut into eighths
- 6 set Yellow potatoes, rinsed, dried, cut into 8
- ½ pound baby carrots
Heat the oven to 375ºF.
Remove the giblets from the chicken. Rinse and dry well. Season the cavity of the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
Place the chicken in a large roasting pan. Brush with 2 tbsp olive oil and season with 1 tbsp rosemary, 1 tbsp oregano, 1 tsp lemon pepper and the remaining salt and pepper.
For the vegetables, place the remaining 1/3 cup olive oil in a large bowl. Add the remaining herbs: 1 tbsp oregano, 1 tbsp rosemary and 1 tsp lemon pepper, and whisk well. Add the vegetables and stir to coat.
Arrange the prepared vegetables around the chicken. Place the chicken and vegetables on the middle rack of the oven. Roast, uncovered, for about 1 1/2 hours. Baste the chicken from time to time with the cooking juices. Chicken is done when meat thermometer registers 170°F when inserted into thigh.