Made with healthy, simple, pantry essential ingredients! Great for kids or adults!
- 4-½ tablespoons Butter without salt
- 3-½ tablespoons Honey
- 3 tablespoons Coconut or brown sugar
- 2-¼ teaspoons Molasses
- 1-½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 1-¾ cup Plus 2 tablespoons quick cooking oats (not old fashioned)
- ¾ cups Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal, broken into small pieces or clumps
- ¼ teaspoons (piled up) Salt
- 2 tablespoons Mini chocolate chips
Line the bottom of an 8-inch pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on the sides.
In a large saucepan, bring the butter, honey, coconut sugar and molasses over high heat. Once boiling, boil until it begins to thicken, about 45 seconds to 1 minute.
Remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla until well blended. Finally, stir in all the remaining ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, until everything is coated.
Press the mixture very firmly into the prepared pan (I find using slightly damp hands works great), then sprinkle over the fries, tamping them lightly. Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 1 to 2 hours.
Slice and eat!
• You could probably use any granola-type cereal here, but I haven’t tried it so can’t confirm.
• The bars are good straight out of the fridge, but I prefer them when they’ve been left at room temperature for a bit, because they’re nice and chewy! However, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.